Friday, November 15, 2013

Denver Botanic Gardens

**Denver Botanic Gardens**

http://www.botanicgardens.org
1007 York St.
Denver, CO 80206
Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM Daily
Adults $12
Seniors and Children $9


For nature lovers or anyone looking for some fresh air and relaxation, I highly recommend the Denver Botanic Gardens.  I found them to be incredible, some of the best I have been to.  The gardens cover 23 acres and include plants from all around the world.  A small cafe is located on the premises, so I grabbed a hot tea and then spent about 3 hours exploring the gardens, feeling like I was entering different countries as I walked through each one.  You can feel secluded in many places that you go, walking through Japanese gardens with bonsai trees, southern plains, varieties of roses, and much more.  I found so many interesting trees that were changing color for the fall, making for some of my favorite scenes and pictures during my stay in Denver.

An area I found of great interest was one where they are training different plants from around the world to survive in the Colorado climate.  There were countless plants, including palm trees, orange trees, chilis, and bonsai trees in this exhibit.  My favorite was the Camo tree and the solariums and benches all around made for a great place to people watch and relax.  

If I were to live in Denver or spend more time there, I would definitely look into getting  membership to the gardens.  I think it would be a great place to go and get fresh air, read a book, meditate, relax, or walk and talk with a friend.   It is impossible to see everything that Denver Botanic Gardens has to offer in one day; backtracking at some points, I saw The gardens are also a short walk or drive to Denver City Park and Cherry Creek, a quaint shopping area with cute restaurants.













































No comments:

Post a Comment