Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Off the Court: Lancaster Gate Hotel, Kensington, London

While in London, I am staying at the Lancaster Gate Hotel, across the street from Kensington Gardens/Hyde Par, and a 5 minute walk from Notting Hill.  There are endless shops and restaurants around, 2 Tube stations within 3 blocks, and Hyde Park is about 100 yards away, making it very convenient.  



The hotel offers single person rooms, so you can save some money in that area, and has 24 hour room service and breakfast included in the room.  There is not a fitness center on site, but guests have access to one that is 10 minutes away.  It is also very easy to go for a jog or walk in Hyde Park or through Kensington Gardens.  

I must say, the room I am in is very small and the walls are thin allowing me to hear every move and word of my neighbor.  However, I am rarely there and it serves it's purpose.  

Other than that, I have no complaints about this hotel and find it very easy to get to the tourist spots and suburbs from here.  The surrounding area is very cute, with beautiful white buildings and mostly residential areas behind.














No comments:

Post a Comment