Thursday, April 24, 2014

Lyon, France

I spent less than 24 hours in Lyon, but I could tell immediately that I absolutely LOVE it there!

The vibe in the city is so incredible and the weather was beautiful, so everyone was out walking around, shopping, lounging along the river, having drinks with friends on the patios, and spending time in the beautiful parks.

People there seemed youthful, happy, and active.  The shopping was so unique, it was safe and easily navigated with public transportation, and the markets and restaurants were to die for.  Any type of food or combination of cuisines was available to everyone, everywhere.  I read later that day that Lyon is the culinary capital of France.

I want to go back and spend more time here so bad.  There were a lot of bars on boats and barges along the river that looked like such cool places to hang out and meet people.  Before I leave Europe, I will try to stop here again, if time allows!

Also, the tram to the train station from my hotel was probably they easiest thing I've ever done in any city so far:

Check out my pictures below!


One of the street markets:



Saoya was the coolest jewelry store.  I fell in love with it, but limited myself to this beautiful ring.  They had the coolest packaging too.  It went in a mini handbag before the shopping bag ;)
E

City Sights:










On his way to tennis practice 😊🎾



Barge restaurants and bars.



Parc de le tête d'or:








Walking along the promenade: 







K





I had fish & chips at the cutest restaurant,  with the friendliest owner :)@




No comments:

Post a Comment