Friday, April 18, 2014

Nice, France and Monte Carlo Rolex Master, Day 1

I arrived in Nice, France on Wednesday evening.  After getting settled at the hotel, I had a little time to explore the city and walked to the beach (Côt d'Azur) and stopped in a few boutiques and candy shops.  The architecture here is so beautiful and I really enjoy walking around.  Old Town is very close to my hotel and there are endless restaurants, bars, and shops to explore.  

I decided to stay in Nice because it is a central location for parts of the French Riviera and a 20 minute train ride to Monte Carlo and 30 minutes from Cannes. 

 Right now, the Monte Carlo Rolex Masters is going on there and it has always been a dream for me to go!  Situated in the cliffs with views of the Mediterranean Sea, Monte Carlo is a 1 week, all men's tournament.  The biggest names usually play here and this year, Federer, Djokovic, Nadal, Wawrinka, Ferrer, Tsonga, and many more are in the draw.  I have tickets through the finals, so I can give a better description of the tournament when I've been there a few more days.

Until then, here is some of what I have seen so far :)

During my layover in Atlanta, I had a little French champagne to get me started :)
The French countryside from above.
Paris from aboveand, I promise, in between the red dots is the Eiffel Tower!
This place had the best macaroons ever and I found one in the Paris airport, yum!
Some beautiful architecture in Nice.
Really cool chocolate characters.
Coolest candy shop with candy cupcakes.

Some shopping in Nice.
At the beach in Nice - Côt d'Azur.

Tennis Pictures:
Court Centrale.
View behind my seats of the Mediterranean Sea.

Caroline Wozniacki practicing in the evening at the Monte Carlo Country Club.
Novak Djokovic.
Roger Federer.


Beautiful Court Centrale.





Some of the train ride from Nice to Monte Carlo.














No comments:

Post a Comment