Monday, October 14, 2013

Garden of the Gods - October 14, 2013


October 14, 2013 - Garden of the Gods 

1805 N. 30th St., Colorado Springs, CO, 80904
Open Daily: 9am – 5pm (Labor-Memorial Day) & 8am – 8pm (Memorial-Labor Day)  
Closed: Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Years Day
Handicap Accessible
www.gardenofgods.com/


 

I had been to the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, CO several years ago while visiting a friend in Colorado.  I have always remembered it as one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen and wanted to revisit while I had the opportunity.  On my drive from Denver to Albuquerque, NM, this was my first stop and it definitely lived up to all of my expectations.  Garden of the Gods is the perfect name for this place.  

If you go, stop at the visitor's center first.  They do not charge admission and there is a balcony where you can view the entire park from above and see Pike's Peak in the background.  There is also a really cute cafe and gift shop, along with free maps and great information.  There are several hiking trails that tour the park and pets are allowed.  Horseback riding is also available and you will most likely run into the horses and other wildlife, such as deer.

See my pictures below for a preview!

My friend and I had also gone hiking at Pike's Peak during that previous trip, but I chose to skip that portion this time since I was just driving through and time was limited.  From what I remember, it was AMAZING and the views were incredible.  I highly recommend adding that to any visit you make to Colorado Springs.



Here, my Yorkie, Hester, poses with the Garden of the Gods and Pike's Peak in the background.  Isn't he cute? :) He loves the outdoors as much as me and accompanied me on several hiking trips this week.  I have to watch out for bears, coyotes, mountain lions, and other wildlife though since he is so small.  He goes in my backpack during the more confined and treacherous portions of the trails.




View of Pike's Peak





Here is a view from the Visitor's Center.


The Central Garden Trail takes you through all of these rock formations.  I highly recommend this trail for first timers.
Wildlife is all around here.


- Through BlogPress on my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynz! These pics are amazing! Truly love hearing and seeing all about your travels! Can't wait to hear about your next experiences! Safe travels and enjoy!
    Love,
    Muzer

    ReplyDelete