Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Arriving in Melbourne - Langham Hotel, South Bank, and Queen Victoria Market


I flew from Sydney to Melbourne today for the Australian Open!  After checking into my hotel, I walked to the Queen Victoria Market.

While in Melbourne, I'm staying at the Langham Hotel, which is in the Southbank area, close to the botanic gardens, 1 block from the tram, 1 block from the Yarra River, and next to the trendy Southgate shopping and dining area.  

The Langham was named the best hotel in Australia and it is absolutely beautiful.  The location is perfect since there are so many things right outside the doors and I can walk to the tennis in 10 minutes.  The views of the city from this area are stunning.

The Queen Victoria Market is 1 mile from my hotel and holds a night market on Wednesdays during the summer.  There are TONS of international food stands, several stages with live music and all kinds of local art and vintage clothing booths.  The place was packed created a great atmosphere.  They are open during several other days during the week from 6am to 2pm and I can't wait to check it out then too!
















No comments:

Post a Comment