Sunday, January 12, 2014

Bondi to Coogee Beach Coastal Walk

Yesterday I went out to Bondi Beach and walked from there to South Coogee on the Coastal Walk.  The walk takes you along the cliffs and takes about 2.5 hours, passing multiple beaches, rock pools, baths, cafés, and some amazing views of the Australian coast.  It was amazing!  Definitely something everyone should do when they are here.

I walked and stopped at a few beaches to relax, have a drink or snack, and watch the people swimming, surfing, snorkeling, and playing beach volleyball.  It was extremely crowded, being a Sunday in the summer, and it was a great atmosphere.  Everyone seemed to really be enjoying themselves.

Australia is all about safety for sure.  I have never seen so many lifeguards in my life - by surfboard, speed boat, kayak,  and helicopter.  Bondi also has a net to "help keep sharks away."  That was a little intimidating for me!

I passed about 8 different beaches and bays, all unique in their own way and was able to see Waverly Cemetery, which is known as the most picturesque in the world. I must agree as the views from the cliffs of all the beaches and some of marshy areas just south with waterfalls are breathtaking. 

As always, I have a million pictures but here are some of my favorite ones:

















No comments:

Post a Comment