Friday, January 17, 2014

Court Coverage: First couple days at the Australian Open!

This place is amazing!  It's a huge tournament, being a grand slam, and the grounds seem to be never ending.  I love it; the atmosphere, the fans, and the surrounding areas are beautiful and lively.  

There are so many things to entertain the fans and I don't think I could ever get bored here if I wanted to take a break from the matches.  Shops, restaurants, lawn areas with large TV screens, and bars are all around and many people are hanging out with their friends enjoying the tournament.

The first couple days have been SOOO HOT (110 degrees Farenheit).  They had to suspend play for a few hours on my first day there because of the heat, and then it rained.... :). Cooler weather is supposed to come tomorrow, so that will be a nice change, for fans and players I'm sure.  

I went all day yesterday and for a few hours this morning.  Then, I explored the city a little more, where I ran into a few tennis players walking around town and found some cute riverside cafés to stop and have a drink or snack.  

Collins Ave is about 2 blocks from my hotel and is filled with fancy shops, bars, and restaurants.  It was a great place to people watch and get a feel for the city.  Melbourne has a great vibe, and it was exciting to see some familiar faces. 

I'm really excited to be able to see the tournament through the finals, should be a fun time!





















No comments:

Post a Comment