Friday, January 31, 2014

Great Ocean Road - Part 2

Yesterday I drove the Great Ocean Road from Apollo Bay to Mount Gambier. AWESOME & Breathtaking!

This took me through the Otway Forest, to Cape Otway, and through beautiful farmland all the way to the 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge, The Arch, London Bridge, the Bay of Martyrs, and the Bay of Islands.  There were several other little stops along the way and cute port towns with cafés and small beaches.  

I wish I had chosen to stop somewhere around the Bay of Islands or Warrnambool instead.  The reasons for this is that everything that is worth seeing is along this stretch.  Literally every half mile, I was pulling over to look at the view.  I think it's better to do this portion of the the route in one day.  I had an extra 3 hours to drive after Bay of Islands (finishing there at (5:30pm).

The pictures say enough!

View from Cape Otway Lighthouse
Koalas on the trees at Cape Otway
Castle Cove
Gibson Steps, Birds trapped in finishing line.
12 Apostles looking west.
12 Apostles Looking East.
Loch Ard Gorge
Arch near Gorge
Area outside the Gorge 
The Arch
Bay of Martyrs

Crofts Bay

Bay of Islands

Bay of Islands




1 comment:

  1. Hello from Sarasota, FL!
    WOW!! It all looks like so much fun for sure! Great photos!!
    Maribeth, HealthFit

    ReplyDelete