Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Great Ocean Road - Day 1

The Great Ocean Road reminds me so much of my drive up Highway 1 in California.  Everwhere you look, the scenery is jaw dropping and any turn you make will lead you to something cute or spectacular.  Things like this make me appreciate Mother Nature more and more each day. 

The Great Ocean Road in Australia runs along the South Coast and I rented a car in order to take it to Adelaide, where I will spend a few days.  Today, I started my journey in Phillip Island, taking the ferry to Queenscliff, and ending in Apollo Bay.  It was about 5-6 hours of total driving but took me about 9 hours because I stopped at so many places to enjoy the view and take pictures.  

Here are just a few of the 100s of photos that I took.  I really didn't know when to stop!  There were so many places to pull of and look at around.  I'm pretty sure I stopped at 90% of them!! 

Actually getting the hang of driving on the other side of the road and the other side of the car - with the occasional getting into the car on the wrong side and waiting for a moment until I realize the steering wheel is in the other seat....
Bells Beach
Surfers 

Erskine Falls

Great Ocean Road from Teddy's Lookout
Teddy's Lookout


I HATE SNAKES, so I turned around :)








No comments:

Post a Comment