Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Side note!

Many of you may or may not know my personal story and why I am taking is time to travel and see the world.  But, I'm traveling alone most of the time, for many reasons. 

So, on a personal note, today was amazing and emotional in so many ways for me.  I did several things I've never done before and saw so many things that I wasn't sure I ever would.  

Traveling alone is difficult.  Yes, I meet amazing people everywhere I go and see things most never see.  However, the ability and motivation to do this by yourself comes from within...you really have to be willing to take chances and venture into the unknown, not afraid of what you might find.  Some cities and people are scary if you aren't used to what happens there.  

You're always that single person on the trip, you're always trying to mingle, and there are so many couples and families that you aren't a part of.  However I find this inspiring.  I'm so happy for these people to be sharing such beautiful places with the ones they love.
 
So today, as I eat dinner, and my emotions creep in, I keep telling
myself: 
"Remember where you are, you're
on Hamilton island. In the Whitsunday Islands.  On the Great Barrier Reef. You went scuba diving for the first time, on the Great Barrier Reef!   You rode in a helicopter for the first time, you saw Whitehaven beach 2 times! ( the place that was #1 on your list). And you did it all by yourself, with no one's help, no one guiding you, no one helping, whatever, I did it!  These are once in a lifetime experiences that most other people don't get to do..."

To everyone, whoever is living their dreams solo or with the ones they love, please just be thankful for the opportunities you have been given in life and make the most of them!  Don't be scared because you don't have someone pushing you along, the payoff is worth it!

Plus, sometimes it's amazing because you can always be squeezed in on any trip, just being 1 person!!!😊😛

1 comment:

  1. Love you Lyndz! Wish we could be there right beside you. What an awesome experience. In the end...wouldn't it be great to land a job where you did something like this????

    ReplyDelete